Founded in 1983 in Châlons-en-Champagne (France), JVS operates as a management software editor for town halls and local public authorities. JVS software suites/ packages are designed to address the respective needs of internal administrative functions as well as citizen relationship management (CRM).
JVS software suites/ packages address the following requirements :
Internal administrative functions
- Organization and teamwork: elected officials’ dashboard, electronic signature,
- Finance: accounting, budgeting, dematerialization of accounting documents,
- HR: payroll, dematerialization of pay slips,
- IT safety: antivirus, backups,
- Water management & sanitation: service management, invoicing of services.
Citizen relationship management (CRM)
- Local citizens’ relationship management: census, electoral rolls registration, request management,
- Public services: website, SMS alert, online payment, road issues reporting,
- Childhood and families: invoicing of academic and extra-curricular services.
JVS is a leader of the small-to-medium-sized municipalities segment (its core target, with about 14,000 users of its solutions). The company enjoys an excellent reputation, as a player offering an ergonomic and flexible software and providing good level of service quality and support.
Parquest’s decision to invest in JVS is based on the following considerations :
- A resilient and “slowly but surely” growing market driven by digitization of public bodies, dematerialization of citizen relationship and the need for municipalities to comply with ever evolving regulations,
- A robust positioning on a market with few competitors and protected by high barriers to entry,
- A highly motivated management team substantially (re)investing into this new OBO (as a majority shareholder), seasoned and remarkably stable (in place for 20+ years),
- An untapped potential for consolidation (existence of numerous targets, esp. on select market sub-segments) offering an opportunity to accelerate the company’s build-up strategy.
This new OBO is in keeping with JVS’ shareholding history, as a group where the management team has been holding a majority stake since 2008. Through this operation, Parquest Capital thus becomes a minority shareholder (alongside Bpifrance), aiming at helping the management team (i) implement its development strategy – leveraging both organic and external growth – and (ii) enrich the group’s portfolio of offering.
|Investment date||April 2020|
|Sector||BtoB services (management software for local public authorities)|
|Headquarters||Châlons-en-Champagne (Grand-Est region)|