- Founded in 1984 by Geodis, FDI group is a payment institution specialized in the management of international clients’ financial relations, particularly in the fashion industry. FDI offers payment solutions for clients, secures their account receivables, and speeds up their cash collection.
- FDI was originally set up to meet the needs of manufacturers of consumer goods wishing to sell directly to foreign wholesalers, without creating a subsidiary or going through an importer. Companies in this situation often face difficulties in following up customer accounts, primarily due to legal, cultural and linguistic differences between countries.
- The group has enjoyed an average yearly growth rate of 15% since its creation and generates a sales volume of €850M through a network of 10 subsidiaries in Europe and North America.
Boosting the development
The first MBO in 1999 led by Chequers associated the management to the capital. In 2003, Chequers sought a return on its investment, while the management wished to pursue and accelerate the company’s development.
With Parquest Capital’s support, the management successfully completed a second MBO and put forth a new ambitious strategy.
Since our investment, the management team has been strenghtened and the group has operated an in-depth transformation in order to anticipate and adjust to the changes in the markets where it operates.
In particular, at the end of 2011, FDI became the first French company operating in BtoB with an international presence to be authorised as a payment institution by the "Autorité de Contrôle Prudentiel - ACP". This legal status enables FDI to offer its customers highly secured and innovative payment services and tools, contributing to improve their financial and commercial performance.
- September 2014 – Parquest Capital sells FDI to Webhelp
- In 2012, FDI was registered as an insurance intermediary by ORIAS.
- In December 2011, FDI France obtained the status of payment institution. All subsidiaries benefit from that status through a European passport program.
|Investment date||September 2003|
|Divestment date||September 2014|
|Sector||Receivables management services|
|Headquarters||La Motte Servolex (73)|